Is the World Crazy? Or is it me?

Friday, October 26, 2007

Napoleon Complex


No, means no! Apparently some men do not understand this concept.

A girlfriend and I went to a nightclub last weekend. Just as we were leaving the club to walk towards our car, I was approached by a guy. This man was not my type, to say the least. He was rude, unattractive, and shorter than I in stature. For some reason that is completely beyond my understanding, men who have the least desirable qualities always seem to have the most confidence.

People can be crazy after a night of drinking, so I was cordial. When he greeted me, I responded with a quick wave. He took my wave as an invitation to walk alongside of me as I proceeded towards the car. I made it very clear through my body language, that I was not interested and that his presence was not wanted. He didn’t seem to get the point and remained persistent. He followed my friend and I all the way to the parking garage, at which point he asked for my phone number. I tell him, “no”!

My “no”, clearly did not register. He prompted his phone to input my number anyway. I didn’t want for him to follow us all the way to our car and saw that he was quite prepared to do so. I put on my sternest voice and said, “Look, I’m not interested! I’m tired and I don’t feel like being bothered by you anymore. Have a good night.”

As if what I said weren’t clear enough, he proceeded to invade my personal space and gave me a firm bear hug. My girlfriend tried to come to my rescue and attempted to push the guy off of me. The strength of her push must have caught him by surprise because he responded by slapping her in the face. Immediately afterwards, he took off running.

After this incident I’ve decided that I am not going out to a night club for a long while. It never fails… I always attract the craziest guys that a club has to offer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home