Is the World Crazy? Or is it me?

Friday, September 28, 2007

What a Crazy Day

I was walking to class. Just as I turned the corner, I saw a bunch of people waiting outside the door. I thought to myself, "hmm, the door must be locked." Without checking, I decided to stand there like everyone else congregated outside of the classroom door, and wait for the professor’s arrival. Time passed and more people began to show up. Then, what seemed to be out of thin air, one of my classmates turned the corner and walked straight to the door, and opened it. I couldn't believe it. It was open the entire time. Wow!

This scenario got me to thinking that there are two kinds of people in this world:

1. The people that look around and see that no one is going in room and assumes the door is locked.
2. The people that walk up to the door, even if there are people standing around.

The response to this scenario actually says a lot about your character. What kind of person are you? Do you look at what everyone else is doing, and gage your response or action on that? Or are you the eager, "go getter," that wants to seize every opportunity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home